Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1, 2014 - Middlegate Station, NV to Austin, NV


63 miles


The day started off a little chilly, however once the sun completely rose, it was a beautiful day for a bike ride. 

It was a day of no services, so I trolled the route making sure all the riders had enough water. The scenery was/is gorgeous, but there is no civilization for as far as the eye can see. 

Very 'Breaking Bad'....was a comment made about our accommodations last night in Middlegate Station and I have to say it is a very fitting description.

I passed numerous historical signs on the route today. It was very interesting...the impact of the Pony Express, mining and farming.






Rich suffered a flat even before he left Cold Springs Station.




The remnants of the Pony Express Stop at New Pass Station


The Brits have introduced us to some new words that I think will fit in quite well in our normal vocabulary...the first is Whinging and the second is Yob. To Whing is to whine or complain and a Yob is a hooligan or a lout. I am sure I can use these words very successfully in daily conversation.


We are staying at the Lincoln Motel in Austin, NV. It is old, but more than adequate.





I had lunch at the International Cafe, just across the street from the hotel.

Tomorrow we are off to Eureka, NV.

No comments:

Post a Comment