Tuesday, June 3, 2014

6/3/2014 - Eureka, NV to Ely, NV

77 Miles


Today was another long climbing day with no services between Eureka, NV and Ely, NV. The riders left early -- right after breakfast around 6:00 a.m.

I had two riders in the truck today...both feeling a wee bit under the weather...I'm sure the altitude is not helping.


I let the two riders off at the top of Little Antelope Summit and they started riding down a beautiful downhill before attacking the next climb.


Downhills, you gotta love 'em!


We don't get these big animals in Florida!

So far on this trip I have seen a bear (he was golden colored and big) loping up the embankment along I-80 near Donner Lake, CA, jackrabbits, chipmunks and snakes. Maybe I will get a chance to see an elk or something along the way.


We are still following the Pony Express Trail


This lone tree was atop Little Antelope Summit.


Jim arrives at the summit 


Nick leading the charge to the top of Little Antelope Summit



Final summit of the day....it is all downhill from here


We are staying at the Best Western Park Vue Motel in Ely, NV.

I have Happy Hpur duties with Richard C. tonight.

Tomorrow we head to ....






No comments:

Post a Comment