Monday, June 6, 2016

2016 Epic Road Trip - Day 23

June 5, 2016

Day 23 - Hungry Horse, MT





Today I have rented a car so I could thoroughly enjoy the Glacier area. In Glacier National Park I travelled up the Going to the Sun Highway, but could only go as far as Avalanche. Logan Pass is still not open...bummer. I did get to Lake McDonald Lodge...surprisingly not very busy at all.

So I turned around at Avalanche and went around the outside of the park and went over to St. Mary, MT to stop at the Park Cafe for some pie....not opened yet for the season...tried the Mexican place...not opened yet...the Pizza place didn't open till 4 pm...even the hotel restaurant wasn't open...so I asked a local and they recommended The Johnson Cafe...wow...it was really good...if it hadn't been told about it, would never have found it. A gem.

Drove up to Many Glacier...strike three...the lodge was not opened for the season yet. But the scenery was beautiful.













Found this spoon in East Glacier Park on my way to St. Mary,
Cool store in East Glacier Park, MT






Dining Room at Johnson's Cafe, St Mary, MT




No comments:

Post a Comment