Monday, May 16, 2016

2016 Epic Road Trip - Day 3

May 16, 2016

Day 3 - New Castle, PA - Grafton, OH- 214 Miles



Today was a long, stressful one which began very early...

The story starts yesterday. Ryder had a very vocal fit early in the morning...whining, attempting to bite and really freaky about her head. Gave her Rimadyl to see if that would help which it sort of did for a while. She calmed down, but at 0300 hours this morning, she started crying, whining, wouldn't open her only eye and when I tried to see what was going on, she attempted to bite. She was howling. So at 0400 hours, found an emergency vet in Girard, OH, Dr. Bailey, who checked her out and found that she has a 2 1/2 mm sized ulcer on her eye. He prescribed an antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory and an anti-bacterial ointment. Giving her the pills are no problem, however, the ointment is another thing. It is now 15 hours later and I have yet to succeed in getting the ointment in her eye. I even got a muzzle for her --- can't get that on either. So, I am sort of in a quandary. I want her to to take the medicine to get better, but I also want all of my digits...so far the digits are winning.

After the vet visit, she calmed down a lot, so it was off to the First Ladies National Historic Site, Canton, OH.

Then I made it to Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

I was exhausted so just headed north toward Cleveland, OH and the grave of Elliot Ness in Lake View Cemetery, bypassing several kitchy attractions which were on the potential visit list.

As the afternoon went on, I just couldn't function anymore, so it was time to call it a day and head to American Wilderness Campground, Grafton, OH









1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun Judy trip to me, expect the unexpected, have fun. try a tranquiler on that DOG

    ReplyDelete