Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25, 2014 - Vallejo, CA to Davis, CA

55 miles


We departed Vallejo, CA and headed east up over some hills and down into the valley on our way to Davis, CA.

On the way, I stopped at the Jelly Belly Factory, in Fairfield, CA for a tour and also to get some of those wonderfully delicious jelly beans. I had a blast taste testing a lot of their really unique favors...to include grass clippings, vomit, boogers and skunk, in addition to the standard favors. There was also Bertie Botts from Harry Potter fame. To say the least, the diet took a real hit today.



A couple of portraits done completely with Jelly Belly Jelly Beans...kinda cool.



After the tour which was mostly videos since it is Sunday and the candy makers are off for the weekend, it was off to the super market to get several loaves of bread for PB&Js (or as our British riders say...P N B N J) and then onto the hotel.

Some photos from today's ride....








I arrived at the La Quinta Hotel and low and behold, Clay D. comes rolling in....it is only 11 a.m. For me to arrive at that time I would have had to of left yesterday.

I was able to check in early and then it was off for a short ride [ it is flat... :-) ]


I was even able to find a couple of 'things' that were on my roommates want list...I should win a few brownie points.... ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment